Rocky’s Resort in Koh Samui is undoubtedly one of the best boutique resorts in Koh Samui. The resort is located on the southeastern coast of Koh Samui island. The resort stands out because of very many things the most notable being the resort’s beautiful tropical gardens, gorgeous sandy covers, unmatched privacy and relaxation. The family-owned resort is also known for its warm service, award winning cuisine and tropical tranquillity. Although the resort is favorable for all kinds of tourists, it is more popular as a wedding and honeymoon destination. Having looked at a brief overview of the Rocky’s Resort, let’s get into more details below.
Rocky’s Resort in Koh Samui is nestled by 3 secluded sandy covers approximately 15 minutes from the airport and Chaweng. It is important to note that the resort has a complimentary shuttle which carries guests from the hotel to Chaweng and Lamai beaches. As mentioned above, the resort is known for its exceptional international cuisines. You can savor the cuisines prepared by an award winning chef at the resort’s fine dining restaurant.
The resort’s Thai bistro features a very relaxing setting which overlooks the garden pool. You can enjoy tasty dishes including seafood, Thai cuisine, grilled meats and pizzas. That’s not all. There are weekly cocktail parties, live music and entertainment. For those interested in swimming, the resort has two swimming pools. One is located in the resort’s pretty gardens while the other overlooks the beach.
You can also discover beautiful coral and tropical fish on a diving or snorkelling trip. The resort is surrounded by turquoise waters which are perfect for water sports and expeditions. Guests can also choose to relax at the resort’s beachside massage sala, which offers soothing scented Thai massages. Other notable facilities in the resort include a television lounge and a beach bar. You can also choose to attend Thai cooking classes if you are interested in learning how to cook traditional Thai dishes.
The Rocky’s Resort has 50 air conditioned rooms and 3 private pool villas with a large balcony, free Wi-Fi, a television and a CD/DVD player. The resort’s accommodation options are divided into 4 namely; deluxe garden view rooms, deluxe garden pool view rooms, junior suite ocean view rooms, junior suite beachfront rooms and deluxe pool villas.
1. Deluxe Garden view rooms: These rooms are among the most luxurious in the entire resort. The rooms overlook the resort’s tropical gardens and swimming pool. They feature luxurious contemporary Thai designs.
2. Deluxe garden pool view rooms: These rooms are equally luxurious. They are spacious and feature a direct pool access.
3. Junior suite ocean view rooms: The most notable thing about these rooms is their location, i.e. they are located on a hill with direct sea views.
4. Junior suite beachfront rooms: As the name suggests, these rooms are located on the beachfront.
5. Deluxe pool villas: As mentioned above, Rocky’s resort is home to 3 private pool villas. The villas are 2-stories, spacious and secluded amid palm trees. They feature a dining room, second bedroom, a lounge (with 2 day beds), a furnished deck and a spacious balcony with magnificent views of the resort’s private pool.
The Rocky’s Resort also has a children’s club which features supervised playrooms and games for children to have fun. As mentioned above, the Rocky’s Resort is popular for wedding and honeymoons. Couples have an option of choosing between two wedding packages, namely; the Western and Thai wedding packages.
The western wedding package features everything you can wish for in a luxurious western wedding from beachfront venues to personalized programs. The western wedding package starts from £1824/couple including Bangkok registration fees. The Thai wedding package costs from £2,080 per couple including Bangkok registration fees. As the name suggests, the package if for couples interested in a Thai style wedding.
Weekly accommodation charges for regular guests starts at approximately £900 per person (sharing) during the low season to £1,400 per person (sharing) during the high season. It is however important to note that the prices vary depending on many factors, i.e. type of room, personal tastes & preferences, duration etc.
In summary, the Rocky’s Resort is a great place to visit or hold a wedding if you love tropical resorts.